25 April 2010

A Hindi and a Priest Walk Into a Bar...

Today I have an Indian joke that Ramdev told me. One of the more famous gods in Hinduism is Ganesh or Ganesha, the son of Shiva and Pavarti. He's a chubby guy with and elephant head, and he's kind of like an all-purpose god (according to my ignorant, limited Western understanding of Hinduism). That's because before you start anything, you pray to Ganesha. Ganesha is always portrayed in pictures and statues with a small rat, because that's how he travels around.

Now that you have the context, here's the joke:

Q: Why does Ganesha travel around on a rat?
A: Because there were no limos 5,000 years ago.

HA! That's so funny! I can't stop laughing! It's just... well... okay, maybe it's funnier if you're in India. At least it's not my joke.

1 comment:

  1. I tell you about awesome shops.Their winter boots have wonderful quality also and low price, almost factory outlet and clearance sale. There is a special cateloge Power Balance,if you are looking for clearance items, you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.You should try to experice it. Never let you feel down.

    ReplyDelete